Wednesday, October 20, 2010

before you, with you, and never forsaking you

This is the first post in a series of three. 

Before I knew when my world would be rocked by the sudden passing of my Grandaddy, God knew.  It is encouraging to rest in the  faith that it was not a surprise to Him that Grandaddy's last full day of life would be Wednesday, October 13, 2010.  Not only was it not a surprise, but he had been preparing my path for that very morning.  Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 6:39 A.M.  When I would meet one of my most dreaded days.

October 10th: He prompted me to do laundry, which I forgot in the dryer giving me clean clothes later in the week.
October 13th: I was provided with volunteers who assembled math games and copied generic worksheets for my sub folder (just in case).
October 13th: I was given the ability to work late into the evening preparing documentation and other items so the classroom would be prepared in coming days.
October 13th: The car ran out of gas prompting a complete fill-up.
October 14th: I had already eaten breakfast and prepared myself for the day prior to being notified of the news that would change my world as I previously knew it.

This is only the events I recognize within the week.  Numerous other examples go back to September, June, January, and uncountable months...years in the past that provided relationships, knowledge, faith, and peace during these difficult days.

"...It is the Lord who goes before you.  He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you.  Do not fear or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment