No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor heights nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.~Romans 8:37-39
He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory (honor); my mighty rock, my refuge is God.~Psalm 62:6-7
glory-very great praise, honor, or distinction bestowed by common consent; something that is a source of honor or admiration; a distinguished ornament or an object of pride
honor-a source of credit or distinction; high respect, as for worth, merit, or rank
May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless (or The Lord will give...The Lord will bless) his people with peace!~Psalm 29:11
peace-freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.;
security–
1. freedom from danger, risk, etc.; safety.
2. freedom from care, anxiety, or doubt; well-founded confidence.
It wasn't until definitions further down that words protection entered the scene...the primary definitions of security are freedom! So when we are caving to the insecurities we are relinquishing our God given right to have freedom from anxiety about our worth, identity, etc.
I am a woman of God, clothed in strength and dignity, and no one gets to take those things from me. I am clothed with strength and dignity! God gives his people security.
Beth recommends that we refuse to allow insecurity to stalk every other reaction. Here's a revelation:
We can be hurt without being insecure.
We can be disappointed without being insecure.
We can be unsure without being insecure.
We can be humbled without being insecure.
We can choose to think...
You may be so intimidating and threatening that I feel I have to hand a lot of things to you, but I refuse to hand over my security. Who you are doesn't get to dwarf who I am. My security is mine to keep. You cannot have it.
or
You can __________(hurt my feelings, criticize, embarrass) but you do not get to damage my security. It's mine to keep. You cannot have it.
Therefore do not throw away your confidence (in faith), which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised...But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.~Hebrews 10: 36-39
I am a woman of God, clothed in strength and dignity, and no one gets to take those things from me. I am clothed with strength and dignity! God gives his people security.
It wasn't until definitions further down that words protection entered the scene...the primary definitions of security are freedom! So when we are caving to the insecurities we are relinquishing our God given right to have freedom from anxiety about our worth, identity, etc.
I am a woman of God, clothed in strength and dignity, and no one gets to take those things from me. I am clothed with strength and dignity! God gives his people security.
Beth recommends that we refuse to allow insecurity to stalk every other reaction. Here's a revelation:
We can be hurt without being insecure.
We can be disappointed without being insecure.
We can be unsure without being insecure.
We can be humbled without being insecure.
We can choose to think...
You may be so intimidating and threatening that I feel I have to hand a lot of things to you, but I refuse to hand over my security. Who you are doesn't get to dwarf who I am. My security is mine to keep. You cannot have it.
or
You can __________(hurt my feelings, criticize, embarrass) but you do not get to damage my security. It's mine to keep. You cannot have it.
Therefore do not throw away your confidence (in faith), which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised...But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.~Hebrews 10: 36-39
I am a woman of God, clothed in strength and dignity, and no one gets to take those things from me. I am clothed with strength and dignity! God gives his people security.
No comments:
Post a Comment