Wednesday, March 4, 2009

work?

Today in the middle of a lesson it came to me...my next blog topic! I even announced it right there. Sometimes working with kids can be a lot like working in a jungle! At that moment, I was ignoring the behavior of one student, trying to recapture the attention of some, and maintain the attention of the others. It was comical. I am not capable of describing the situation in a way that would allow you to envision all that the was happening among 20 students and 3 adults at that moment in time. It was all I could do to maintain enthusiasm about communicable diseases! The students were beat from the TAKS test yesterday and I am exhausted. The most interesting part is that when things reach this point in my classroom I tend to have the opposite reaction. Today contained a lot of whispering and signals to students. It makes me laugh and tires me even more. To teach respect, patience, compassion, and acceptance while guiding students toward achievement in reading, writing, social studies, science, health, and math is a light and easy job. After all, we only work from 8:00-3:00, nine months a year!

Now that I've had a glass of wine and dinner...the day is looking better and I'm nearly headed to bed (it is currently 6:06pm).

No comments:

Post a Comment