Sunday, February 15, 2009

valentine's day weekend


For a single woman, I had one great Valentine's Day weekend! It started on Friday at school. This is my favorite holiday class party. The students were fun! I have more chocolate than I will need for a while. The best gift I received was a "Jar of Joy"! My students and their families wrote short notes on hearts filling a jar with their messages to me. This fits right in with my love language. Notes is not exactly a love language, but it falls somewhere between words of affection and gifts--rolled right into one! So when I got home, I enjoyed a cold drink in a koozie and read each one. It was perfect.


I stayed pretty busy the rest of the weekend filling my time with a little pampering, fun, and people that I love. Ashley and I started off with dinner at one of our favorite places, Logan's Roadhouse. Then we were off to cash in our gift cards for massages. What a way to spend a Friday night! Saturday morning, Kate, Ashley, and I enjoyed lunch at The Cheesecake Factory in Southlake Town Center followed by a movie. There were some great lines in "Confessions of a Shopaholic". It was a girly kind of day. Seth was in town this weekend, so we got to spend Sunday afternoon together. Good times with a good friend--lunch, reading the paper at Starbucks, and swapping stories! Of course, it wasn't complete until I bought a great new pair of shoes with Brooke! They even got approval from a special fashion critic. Hehe! I can't wait to show them off next weekend.


"To know someone here or there with whom you can feel there is understanding in spite of distances or thoughts expressed ~ That can make life a garden."-Goethe


I got to walk through the garden for a few days.


Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment