Monday, November 30, 2009

scars

The last several days have been emotional for me. A case of serious tears appears to be on the verge of flowing down. I guess the water has been backing up.

While for the most part the spirit is resilient, some wounds of distress can easily be torn open. These scars have left an everlasting impact. The words of Papa Roach in the song "Scars"...

Why don't you just go home?
Cause you're drowning in the water
And I tried to grab your hand
I left my heart open
But you didn't understand
But you didn't understand
Go fix yourself

I can't help you fix yourself
But at least I can say I tried
I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life
I can't help you fix yourself
But at least I can say I tried
I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life

I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
And our scars remind us that the past is real

I hate some words as soon as they are spoken. Then, emotions break my heart.

I ponder the darkness that others walk in without having a flashlight to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment